Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
Hello my foodies,
I'm going to share with you an excellent recipe for cream cheese with a creamy, mild consistency and a touch of cream cheese.
It is a quick and easy recipe to prepare, as easy to make as American buttercream but better in taste thanks to the fromage frais, less sweet and it is as solid as American buttercream.
This glaze is perfect for cupcakes, sheet cakes (simple carrot cake...) but also for layer cakes.
RECIPE ICING CREAM CHEESE
- 450 gr (2 cups of unsalted butter, room temperature )
- 225 gr or 8 oz ( 1 cup of whole cream cheese, at room temperature )
- 375 gr sifted icing sugar, adjust according to your taste.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed for 30 seconds with a food processor or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Slowly stir in powdered sugar on very low speed, 1 cup at a time. Alternate with small touches of cream. and then bring the speed back up. Continue beating at high speed until your frosting is fluffy and perfectly homogeneous.
- If you want a thicker icing, keep adding more sifted icing sugar until it is firm.
If you want it on a cake or cupcakes, transfer it to a piping bag and cut off the tip. Or else cover cream cheese frosting with plastic wrap to prevent crusting until you are ready to use it.
- It is important to mix the icing at high speed. High-speed mixing helps to aerate the icing, giving it volume.
- If the icing is too thick, add extra cream (1 tablespoon at a time).
- If icing is too thin, add more powdered sugar (1/4 cup at a time).
- To colour the icing, use food colouring gel.
- keep - it in a cool place because it contains dairy products. Don't worry, it won't harden in the fridge.
- Cream cheese frosting is perfect for cupcakes and for frosting a simple cake.