Incredible chocolate yogurt cake
It's a pleasure to come back to the blog after a break this summer that was necessary to enjoy my family and think about my future . During this break, I thought about how I wanted to make Amourducake evolve, about my goals for this new school year, yes for me the year is September at juin😂. Ah yes how I could forget we are more than a million on Instagram, it's just incredible and I was also able to create recipes and test them. It's really satisfying to create a recipe, to realize it and to have a wonderful result, I feel a great joy every time.
Thursday, September 03, I had planned a day recipe realization how to tell you that all my recipes failed, the first one had a part not cooked because of a bad management of the time of cooking, for the second I wanted to reproduce the recipe but the return of the cake displeased me, I did not like at all the consistency also after this failure, I remotivated myself because I did not want to remain on this failure. I decided to make a strawberry pancake with a mascarpone cream so I made my pancakes, my cream, I mounted my cake, it was too beautiful, I made my setting to take a picture of it wanting to change its position the disaster, the cake collapsed, I felt like crying.
In spite of its three failures, the next day, I made this famous chocolate yoghurt cake in total improvisation and I do not regret it because my perseverance paid off. The cake is a total success, the consistency is perfect, it is soft, greedy with a touch of red fruits. It is perfect in my eyes.
I'm just learning a lesson, never give up. With envy, determination and perseverance, you always succeed despite the obstacles.
I am so determined to achieve my goals that nothing can stop me, I will give myself the means to do so.
By making this recipe and posting it on the blog, I achieved two of my goals for the week and I am proud of it.
I will share with you the recipe of this magnificent chocolate cake always with a yoghurt cake base without butter but this time with an egg to have a good consistency and a good rendering when cutting, I did not want to take myself to find a perfect substitute for the egg because it was an improvisation.
Everyone loved it even though we're not big fans of chocolate cake.
The motto was respected, a simple, quick and delicious recipe. You be the judge, I'm confident.
- Simple made with very few ingredients,
- Fast, can be done in less than an hour (preparation and cooking).
- Perfect for children
- Can be made in a bakery workshop with the children.
- Cheap to make.
- Delicious, sweet just right.
CHOCOLATE YOGURT CAKE RECIPE
- To have a well rounded cake with a nice bump thanks to a crack obtained with a thermal shock and a technique that consists in putting a horizontal line of butter ointment (I use oil that works as well) in the middle of the dough on the whole length of the dough .
- Put your cake in the oven horizontally to get a nice bump.
This recipe can be made without egg. I haven't tested it yet but normally it's good, just let it cool down well.
- Leave it to cool for 5 minutes, then remove it from its mould, wrap it in cling film to keep it soft and leave it to cool for at least 1 hour, ideally 2 hours.
Utensils required :
Measure if you want to make this recipe a plain yogurt.
I use my 125gr yoghurt pot as a unit of measure.
I use a 20 cm mould
For moulds from 20 to 25 cm
Chocolate yogurt cake recipe
- 1 Yoghurt or Greek yoghurt 125 gr
- 1 medium egg
- Flour 200 gr
- Sugar 140 or 150 gr (according to your taste)
- 1/2 Sunflower oil jar 65 ml
- Cocoa powder without sugar 50 gr
- 1 half sachet of baking powder 7 gr
- 100 ml of water or milk (vegetable or not)
- Some red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries...)
- 100 gr milk chocolate
- 5 cl of 30% fat liquid cream
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl and keep the jar for measuring the other ingredients (oil).
- Add the oil, eggs, sugar and mix.
- Mix flour and baking powder together
- Add the flour and baking powder mixture to the rest of the mixture.
- Mix with a maryse (a plastic spatula with a flat end) or with a whisk gently until a homogeneous dough is obtained, leaving a little flour visible and helping to obtain a soft cake.
- Add the cocoa powder with the water little by little (or vegetable milk) to avoid having a compact paste and mixing at the same time to obtain a homogeneous and smooth paste. The paste must have the same consistency as in the photo below.
- Line the pan with baking paper and pour the dough into it.
- Make a thin horizontal line of ointment butter or oil (I use oil, it works just as well) in the middle of the dough in the pan starting 3 cm from the beginning of the dough and ending 3 cm from the end of the dough. To make this line, I use the tip of a knife to draw the line then I take a teaspoon where I put a little oil and I iron with my spoon on the line made with the knife to put the oil in the hollow created by the tip of the knife. I hope you understood my explications😉.
- Bake at 200 °C for 15 min and then at 160 °C for about 40 min to create this famous thermal shock. Watch the baking by pushing the tip of a knife into the middle of the cake: if it comes out clean, it's cooked! Adapt the baking to your oven.
- Leave it to cool for 5 min, then remove it from its mould and wrap it in cling film to keep it soft.
- Let it cool for at least an hour.
- Melt the milk chocolate bar in a saucepan over low heat while stirring to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once the chocolate has melted and removed from the heat.
- Add the liquid cream little by little while stirring with a maryse to obtain a chocolate that will spread easily on the cake to cover it. Adjust the quantity of liquid cream to have the right consistency, I confess I did not measure the quantity but I used a bottle bottom.
- Cover the top of the cake with the chocolate sauce. ( Make sure the cake has cooled down )
- Wait until the chocolate has cooled a little and decorate the top of the cake with red fruits.
I hope you like it. Now it's up to you.
Tag us on instagram amourducake if you made this recipe.
Leave me a comment, I'd love to!! 😘😘
Join us on Instagram: