The best yoghurt and almond cake
The best yoghurt and almond cake
Hello my foodies,
You all know my love for yoghurt cake, a simple cake to make with only one unit of measure the yoghurt pot, an easy to adapt recipe. It's THE BEST for me.
For a while, I wanted to make a cake with an almond yoghurt base because at home, we love almonds too much.
So yesterday I went for it, frankly I made one of my best cakes, it was so good, soft, light and not very sweet.
Everybody loved it at home, it was just incredible made with simple ingredients and a quick recipe to make, perfect for your kids, they will love it.
I made my own almond powder that I mixed with my robot, I left little pieces of almond that gives a touch of crunch when you taste this cake, it's just beautiful.
I placed apple slices on top of my cake which gives a whole new dimension to the cake and adds a fruity touch. Test it and you'll tell me more about it.
I'm so proud of this cake.
- Easy to make, we just need the yoghurt pot to measure our ingredients, no need for a scale.
- Ultra soft cake, this soft side of the cake is due to the presence of yoghurt in the recipe but also almond powder, which unlike flour is more moist.
- Very little sugar, very light in the mouth.
- Perfect for the kids, they'll love it.
- Suitable for all occasions, for snacks, breakfast....
- Mix with a spatula (plastic spatula with a flat end).
- Stir in almond powder last.
- Eggs are important in this recipe, it serves to have a cake that holds better and more compact.
Tips for having a soft cake with a yoghurt base:
- Yoghurt, in yoghurt cake, you often hear plain yoghurt. For a super soft cake, choose instead fromage blanc, some Greek yoghurts and/or add a tablespoon of fresh cream. The higher fat content will make the cake wetter and therefore more airy.
- Corn starch is known to lighten cakes and thus bring them softness. Your choice: you can make half flour, half starch or total starch if you want to obtain an gluten-free cake for example.
- Baking soda is a little miracle product in the kitchen. And it's our secret for super soft cookiesso we use it for our cakes, too. Add a quarter teaspoon with half a bag of baking powder and you're done!
- White chocolate, if olive oil makes your cake extra tender, try also the white chocolate melted. You will thus obtain a soft aspect which remains quite compact.
- The gentle mixing avoids exciting the gluten by stirring like a little crazy. Put all the ingredients except the flour and mix in less than 6 to 8 seconds. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir very, very quickly. Of course you don't leave any lumps in your dough either...
At the cooling stage, as soon as you take the cake out of the oven, cover it quickly with some aluminium foil. This will create a kind of oven and your cake will be more moist so it will be softer.
RECIPE YOGHURT CAKE WITH ALMOND POWDER
I use my 125gr yoghurt pot as a unit of measure.
For 25 cm moulds
- 1 Plain yoghurt 125 gr
- 3 Flour jars
- 1 Sugar jar
- 50 gr almond powder
- 1/2 Sunflower oil jar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 bag Vanilla sugar 8 gr
- Baking Yeast 11 gr
- 1pinch Salt
- half an apple for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl and keep the jar for measuring the other ingredients.
- Add the sugar, flour, oil, salt, eggs, baking powder and vanilla sugar and mix with a maryse (a plastic spatula with a flat end).
- Add the almond powder at the end.
- Mix with the maryse until homogeneous.
- Butter a cake tin and pour the batter into it.
- Cut half of the apple into strips and spread over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Watch the baking by pushing the tip of a knife into the middle of the cake: if it comes out clean, it's done!
I hope you like it. Now it's up to you.
Tag us on instagram amourducake if you made this recipe.