Chocolate ganache mounted by Amourducake
Hello my foodies
Today, I'm back with a chocolate ganache recipe that I used in my chocolate cake recipe, by the way, which is really delicious.
It is a very simple recipe to make and with only two ingredients. You can use the ganache to garnish a cake, cupcakes, macaroons, number cakes...
To make the ganache montée, it's very simple, place the preparation in a cool place for a few hours and then assemble it as for a whipped cream with an electric mixer or a robot. The ganache will be used to garnish macaroons, cabbage, cupcakes, other pastries, to fill and cover a cake.
Ingredients for milk chocolate ganache
- 150 g milk pastry chocolate
- 130 ml whole liquid cream
- 20 g butter (optional)
Ingredients for dark chocolate ganache
200 grams of dark chocolate (55 - 65 %) (I often use 80-95% dark chocolate and I only use 100 grams, I prefer )
200 ml whole liquid cream (35% fat)
15 g butter (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and bring to a boil.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl. Pour half of it over the chocolate and mix with a spatula. Pour in the rest and continue mixing to obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Add the butter. Film and place in the freezer for 6 hours or 1 hour (I have place in the fridge).
- Once the ganache has cooled, beat with an electric mixer, a creamy whipped cream will form, continue beating until thickened.
- Place in a piping bag and garnish your pastry.
- For a simple ganache stop at step 3 of the recipe.
- Don't burn your chocolate! If you need a microwave, use short bursts of 10 seconds at 50% power.
- If your ganache is too liquid, let it cool to harden or add chopped chocolate.
- If your ganache is too thick you can reheat it or mix it with hotter cream / any liquid you like.
- NAny chocolate can be made into a ganache ATTENTION with white chocolate which is known to burn easily, so use it at very low temperatures.
- A ganache will serve you to ice a cake for example or for the drip cake.
Method of preservation:A ganache can be stored at room temperature for 2 days after that you have to refrigerate it. You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month and in the freezer for up to two months.
Inspiration for cakes with chocolate ganache
Don't forget to leave a comment if you liked the article or if you have any questions.
Tag us on instagram loveducake if you made a number cake.