Super soft banana bread
The banana bread is a cake that I see everywhere where its merits are praised, it intrigues me since then but I had a brake, I don't like the smell of ripe banana to make a good banana bread cake, it is absolutely necessary to have ripe bananas.
Recently, I wanted to make a new recipe for a cake with a simple and quick snack and the first thing that came to mind was "banana bread" so I took it on myself and I launched myself, it was difficult to make the dough but I tell you frankly, I have not regretted, this cake is a delicious OMG.
He reconciled me with the ripe banana, I'm a fan of this cake, I've already baked it twice, everybody loves this cake, it's become a sure thing at home.
For this first time, I took a recipe on Pinterest and I chose the Extra Moist banana bread cake recipe from Butternut bakery, this recipe is extra, it has its adjective "moist" in French that I would translate by "moelleux" in our case.
I made a few changes, I made it without eggs, I love testing egg-free recipes and I only put 100 grams instead of 200 because I'm trying to reduce our sugar intake despite these changes the cake was just as good.
Just the downside of this recipe, the cooking time is long.
I highly recommend this recipe. I'll try the chocolate, marbled and vegan version.
THE SECRET OF SUPER MOIST BANANA BREAD.
To make banana bread with soft chocolate chips relies on two ingredients : melted butter and Greek yogurt (or yoghurt).
The use of melted butter, as opposed to room temperature, helps absorb all the flour that gives you that smooth texture.
Greek yogurt or yoghurt adds even more moisture while providing structure. It's my secret ingredient in my egg-free recipes, it's a must for me.
- 1 1/2 cups (380 g) ripe and mashed bananas (3-4 average bananas), measured
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract coffee
- 1/2 cup (130g) 2% Greek yogurt (Yogurt is perfect too)
- 1 1/3 cup (180 g) all-purpose flour
- Baking Yeast 8 gr
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup (140g) mini chocolate chips + an extra handful to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 160° and grease your 20 to 25 CM cake tin with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda or baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar until pastey. Whisk for a minute or two. You can use a whisk or electric mixer.
- Add your mashed banana, then the yogurt and vanilla.
- Once all your wet ingredients have been mixed, add the dry ingredients. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few damp crumbs. Let it cool completely before removing from the pan. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
I hope you like it. Now it's up to you.
Find Butternut bakery on Instagram
Tag us on instagram amourducake if you made this recipe.