7 best tips for a soft cake
Today I'm going to share my tips on how to have soft and light cake.
For me, it is important to have a soft and light cake at the same time. The more I grow up, the more I have trouble digesting wheat flour, I have to test alternatives to gluten.
I use these tips with my yoghurt cakes as a substitute to make up for the lack or reduction of eggs in my recipes.
Yoghurt cake is my base, I make most of my cakes with this base, it's quick and easy to make. It is appreciated by everyone.
It has several advantages:
- It's quick and easy to do.
- It's economical.
- I don't need a scale, I use the yoghurt pot to measure my ingredients.
- It's soft and delicious.
- It can go on forever, I'm having so much fun with it.
- It's a sure thing.
My tricks to get a moist cake
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Mix the flour slowly so as not to activate the gluten and leaving a little bit of flour visible will help to make the cake even softer.
- Replace sunflower oil with olive oil.
- Choosing the right yoghurt: the best yoghurts are fromage blanc, Greek yoghurt, the fattier the yoghurt, the softer and more airy the cake will be. Tip: add a spoonful of fresh cream to your cake recipe. Vegan options are plain or flavoured soy, almond and coconut yoghurt. The last two are my favourites because I don't like the taste of soy.
- Cornstarch is excellent for making cakes lighter and softer. You have to make half flour half cornstarch.
- Apple or applesauce. When you use one of the two, you have to reduce the amount of oil a little or your cake will be too wet and will not cook completely, they are excellent alternatives to replace butter in baking.
- Baking soda, you need 1/4 teaspoon.
So these are the tips I use for my moist cakes. I'll do an article on how to make a good yogurt cake base that you can use over and over again.
My yogurt cake recipes
- My half vanilla half chocolate cake recipe without egg
- My extra smooth yogurt cake.
- My Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- My igloo cake with raspberries.
- My chocolate cake
Knock yourself out!!!!!!!!!!!!