Apple Pancakes recipe
Here is a recipe that I often make and that I find original with an ingredient that makes all the difference. I've been wanting to share my apple pancake recipe with you for some time now. These pancakes are so good, they are very soft, the apple brings something unique.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch or snacks.
Ingredients for 16 pancakes (sometimes I adapt the recipe if I miss one or more ingredients)
- 2 medium apples, peeled, seeded and grated
- 200 g flour
- 95 g curd cheese (replace with plain yoghurt)
- 40 g melted butter
- 20 cl milk
- 1 egg ( I do it without )
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (or yeast)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sunflower oil (for cooking)
- Icing sugar, honey or agave syrup (for tasting)
- In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the cottage cheese, add the vanilla bean seeds, grated apples, melted butter and milk.
- Pour this preparation over the flour and stir to obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a drop of oil in a non-stick pan, pour 4 small ladles of dough. Leave to cook over medium heat for about 1 minute, then turn the four pancakes over with a spatula and continue cooking until the dough no longer attaches underneath, a sign that they are cooked. Proceed in the same way until the dough is used up, keeping the pancakes warm as you go.
- Serve hot sprinkled with a veil of icing sugar and honey or agave syrup.