Recipe for Molly cake by Amourducake
Hey my foodies,
I'm going to propose you the recipe THE cake perfect for the design cake, the Molly cake is a very soft Anglo-Saxon cake appreciated by the professionals of the design cake to make layer cakes. It's a very easy to make and very tasty cake.
Why the Molly Cake?
- The Molly cake does not contain butter but whipped cream, thanks to the addition of the whipped cream at the end of the recipe, the Molly cake will be ultra-moist.
- It is a very light cake and very pleasant to taste.
- He's ultra-moist.
- It's a cake is extremely good, it can be enjoyed alone over tea.
- It rises high so it's perfect for a layer cake. Don't forget to line your pan with baking paper.
- it is very resistant, supports the weight of a multi-layered cake.
- It allows easy cutting thanks to its soft crumb.
- Amazon us
for a mould 15 cm and 10 cm high :
- 4 eggs
- 200g of sugar is normally 300g but I always reduce the amount of sugar.
- 300g of flour
- 12g baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300g of liquid cream
- A pinch of salt
Ingredients for a 20cm round mould and 10cm high
- 5 whole eggs
- 400 gr of powdered sugar adapted to your taste, I always reduce the sugar a little bit.
- 440 gr of flour
- 10 gr of baking powder
- 440 g cold whole cream
- A pinch of salt
Steps to follow:
- preheat the oven to 150°C ( Th.4)
- Line the mould with lightly greased greaseproof baking parchment to make it adhere to the sides and bottom.
- Place the liquid cream in the freezer before whipping it up.
- Sieve: flour + baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixed bowl: egg + sugar > until the mixture becomes clear.
- Gently add the sieved mixture with a maryse.
- Whip the cream and fold it into the mixture.
- Spread the preparation in a mould 15 cm in diameter and 10 cm high (fill to 3/4).
- Pour the dough into the pan. Level the surface and tap it a little on the work surface to burst the air bubbles.
- Put in the oven for an hour and a half of cooking time.
- Take the cake out of the oven. Check that it is cooked by pricking it with a knife in the centre, which should come out dry, clean but a little damp.
- Unmould your cake on a suitable rack, let it cool to room temperature before filming it and keep it in the fridge.
- Do not open the oven during baking, you may see the center of your cake fall down, (I have only done expérience😂😂plusieurs times).
- Check after 3/4 of the indicated time by inserting the blade of a knife in the center. It should come out clean without dough, but still moist sino the cake will be overbaked.
- At the end of the baking time, leave the cake in the oven for 10 minutes before taking it out.
- If you want to stuff it, prepare it the day before and keep it in cling film all night in the fridge to prevent it from crumbling when you cut it and to have regular and homogeneous discs.
- Molly cake is baked in high moulds (type PME moulds 15, 20 or 25 cm in diameter x 10 cm in height).
- The heat of the oven will be different depending on the type of mould. The higher the pan is, the better to lower the oven thermostat for even and regular baking of the cake.
- You can fill your molly cake with buttercream or ganache.