Hello my foodies,
With the kids, we wanted crepes for a snack but one ingredient was missing to make my favourite pancake recipe without egg or milk.
The ingredient I miss is butter.
Being a pro at finding substitutes, I simply replaced the butter with sunflower oil.
So we made a 100% VEGAN recipe, which was really good, very little difference from the classic crepes.
An easy, quick and cheap recipe.
VEGAN CREPE RECIPE
- 250 g wheat flour T45, T55 or T65
- 80 g corn starch
- 500 ml of vegetable milk of your choice (preferably oat, soya or almond)
- 250 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or olive oil (+ a little oil for cooking)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground turmeric to colour the preparation
- Use vanilla-flavored soybeans (it's so good).
Tip for fluffy pancakes:
- Oil your stove well for each crepe.
- During cooking, keep your pancakes in a closed place (I put them in the oven or microwave) it will create moisture with the heat of the pancakes, this moisture will make your pancakes softer and keeps your crepes warm.
- Put the flour, cornstarch and salt in a dish, add the vegetable milk and beat with an electric whisk.
- Add the oil and vanilla sugar and beat.
- Aromatize to your taste
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Oil your stove and pour the dough over the entire flat part of your stove.
- As soon as the edges of the dough come off the pan, you can turn the crepe but check that the crepe is colored.
Repeat until the dough is used up.
I hope you like it. Now it's up to you.
Tag us on instagram amourducake if you made this recipe.