Apple and almond cake
Hi my foodies
I'm back with news lately, I had no inspiration and no desire to make cakes but I come back strong with new recipes.
A few days ago, I wanted to make my apple cake that I love too much, it's the best lol but I wanted to bring a touch more so I searched my closets and found whole almonds.
I knew the combination of apples and almonds were amazing. This cake confirmed that.
It was delicious, fluffy, sweet as just right, fruity, crunchy brought by chopped almonds.
The motto was respected, a simple, fast and delicious recipe. It's up to you to judge, I'm confident.
- Simple made with very few ingredients,
- Fast, can be done in less than an hour (preparation and cooking).
- Perfect for children
- Can be made in a bakery workshop with the children.
- Cheap to make.
- Delicious, sweet just right.
The quantity of sugar is reduced in my recipes because we have been eating less sugar for the last few months so adapt the quantity of sugar to your taste.
APPLE AND ALMOND CAKE RECIPE
Measure if you want to make this recipe a plain yogurt.
I use my 125gr yoghurt pot as a unit of measure.
- 1 yoghurt jar or Greek yoghurt 125 grams
- 3 and half grated apples and 1 and half an apple for decoration
- 1/2 yoghurt pot of sunflower oil /65 ml
- 1 yoghurt pot of sugar / 125 grams if you like sugar , put 140 grams
- 3 yoghurt pot of flour / 255 grams
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
- 15 gr of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of milk or vegetable milk
- about ten chopped or 50 gr powdered almonds
- First we prepare the ingredients. We put the yoghurt in a separate bowl, clean and dry the empty yoghurt pot. The measure is the volume of the yoghurt pot. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add the yoghurt, oil, egg, sugar and mix with a whisk.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. You can add it as it is or, better still, by sifting the mixture to avoid lumps. Mix with a maryse just enough to have a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Add the grated apples and mix.
- Add almond and mix.
- Add the spoons of milk if your dough is too compact.
- Put the dough into the buttered baking pan and sprinkle with flour to help unmould it.
- Cut half of the apple into strips and spread over the top of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 180ºC, or until we see the tip of a knife come out clean by pricking in the centre of the cake. Unmould and leave to cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar